Unique to 3ds Max Design 2009, Lighting Analysis tools can be used for simulating and analyzing Sun, Sky and artificial lighting in a 3D scene. Ideal for sustainable Architecture projects, these tools can help evaluate light intensity in your designs. The Lighting Analysis tools can help facilitate the evaluation of indoor lighting quality for LEED certification.
The workflow for using the Lighting Analysis tool is as follows:
- Use a Daylight System or photometric lights with IES files.
- Under the Daylight System mr Sky Parameters, change the Sky Model to Perez All Weather.
- Use ProMaterials or mr Arch and Design materials.
- Use the Lighting Analysis Assistant to find any errors in your scene
- Download a Weather Data file from the US Department of Energy website (http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weather_data.cfm) and configure the Daylight System to use the data.
- Set the specific date and time for the Daylight System.
- Add a Light Meter Helper object to calculate the lighting levels in the scene.
- Render an Image Overlay to display the light level data in a rendered image.